- Some useful tools that also serve as examples
for programming RGtk
can be found in the package
- A simple GUI for the R command line.
- An implementation in R of the testgtk
application which provides examples of many of the
widgets in Gtk.
An less complete version that shows the code
when the different convenience operators
provided by the RGtk interface are not used
is in testgtkRaw.S.
Tree & text widgets
- Example using the gtkhtml widget for
displaying HTML documents, including
having embedded live/interactive widgets
within the document.
These can include the R
gtk() graphics device
and the contents updated using hyper-links, forms, other widgets
each using regular R commands.
examples and some documentation.
Embedded widgets in HTML
Embedded graphics devices in an HTML widget:
& Lattice & Grid
Tree and Notebook
- A simple example of a Gtk notebook.
- Using the gtkDevice package, one can
use Gtk drawing widgets as R graphics devices
and these can be included as different elements
of customized graphical interfaces.
- devices layed out in a grid using gtkHPaned()
containers that provide grips/handles
(see the little grey thumb near the "end" of each line)
that allow one to dynamically resize the different devices
within a fixed size window.
- a device within a scrolled window,
- a single device within a notebook.
- Jim Robison-Cox's regression demo using RGtk.
- Screen shot.
- Labs for teaching statistics implemented using RGtk.
Duncan Temple Lang
Last modified: Sun Apr 27 01:58:49 EDT 2003